Human Is Kind Personal Manifesto
On February 19th, I was admitted to a psychiatric clinic.
Precisely because I lost my mind. Because I found something in the world that my mind refused to accept, its own perversity, an act of depravity that entered in me. Something that should never reach the people you love most.
I won't name it. But it broke something in me that was never supposed to hold.
I spent 21 days there.
No laptop. No roadmap. Just four walls, a lot of silence, and one question that wouldn't leave me alone:
If the world produces this kind of madess , my darkness, what am I going to do about it?
I didn't arrive at HumanIsKind through a market analysis. I arrived the way you arrive at anything that truly matters, through repentance that needed a direction.
Inside those walls, something started to take shape. Not a business. A response.
A mind where what is declared safe is mathematically proven safe. Where a promise made up of tears, cannot be quietly overridden. Where the recipient is immutable because the moment is the only thing that is real.
I call it Sacred Trace. Because everything should be sacred.
On March 12th, I was discharged. The same day, or was it the day before? I had a dream. I went home. I opened my laptop. I started writing code. Not because I had a plan. Because I had a reason.
I have 20 years of experience in this industry. I could have found another job by Tuesday. I still could. I choose not to.
Because I'm a father. Because I've seen what happens when systems fail the people they're supposed to protect. Because I held that failure in my own hands and felt what it did to myself.
I am a man with bipolar disorder who spent 21 days in a psychiatric clinic, was let go the same day he returned home to his employees, after showing them the product Adobe and YouTube where yearning for, left with a serverless masterpiece intact, and built an AI governance enforcement protocol in the months that followed.
I also believe - without irony, without performance - that humans are kind. And that the systems we build should be worthy of that belief.
This morning I spoke with researchers from the Edinburgh Oversight Board , the people writing the framework for how AI should interact with children. Three days ago, my daughter Belén was born.
The world produces darkness. This is my answer to it.
Martin Riotorto
Montevideo, Uruguay , 10th of July 2026
Dedicated to Ceci, Silvi and Belen
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario
Deja tu comentario: